40 Ideas and topics for a school magazine
Posted on 24 October 2016 in the category Tips and inspiration .
Are you thinking of making a school magazine and looking for ideas and inspiration for the contents? We’ve compiled a list of of over 40 magazine ideas for a school project.
- Interview a student or a group and write an article about them.
- Sports teams
- School clubs
- School changes
- Cafeteria staff
- Cafeteria food
- Extra curricular activities
- Field trips
- Upcoming events and activities
- Latest music
- Popular movies
- Good books
- Interesting art
- The founding of the school
- The history of the school name
- The history of the school sports team
- Before and after photos of the school building(s)
- Interesting news
- Trending topics
- Interview the mayor
- Interview other important groups or people in your town or city
Articles by students
- Ask students to write opinion articles,letters to the editor, and editorials. Some examples:
- Opinions on new governmental policies
- Stories that are trending
- Social issues like dating, religion, diversity etc.
- School policy and rules
- School classes and subjects
- What makes a good teacher/principal?
- What makes a good student?
- How to make friends
- How to work together
- How to overcome your biggest fear
- How to kick bad habits
- How to deal with peer pressure
- How to approach the principal
- How to study for finals
- How to get better grades
- Study tips
- Comics (Student drawn ones)
- Guest articles (from staff and faculty)
- Hide an icon, picture, or logo in your newspaper for students to find