- How do I use templates?
- Can I make my own templates, and reuse them?
- How do I change the background photo of template?
- How can I copy the content or formatting from one page to another page?
- Is there clipart available?
- Can I use a page from a previously made magazine?
- Can I duplicate or copy contents in Jilster?
How do I use templates?
- Click the 'templates' button and select the page you want to use.
- To the right you will see a 'preview'.
- Next, click 'use this template'.
- Modify the template and add your own text and photos. You can do this by clicking a text block or a colored block each time, and changing it in the way you want.
Can I make my own templates, and reuse them?
Yes, you can. This is especially useful if you want to create multiple pages with the same basic layout. Or if you want to make additional magazines with the same layout.
- Click 'your own pages' in the left-hand column. Now you will see the pages you have made previously. You can reuse them on a different page, or in a different magazine, at a later stage. It works the same way as with the standard templates.
- Select the page you want to use. Now you will see a 'preview'.
- Next, click 'use this page'.
Tip: create a separate magazine with only 'templates', in which you collect all the pages you want to use as a template.
tags: duplicate pages, copy page, copy content, copy page
How do I change the background photo of template?
- Click the field you want to change.
- Click 'delete' in the right-hand column.
- Drag the desired image to the 'image' box in the right-hand column ( a plus sign will appear over the image when you've placed it correctly).
If you want, you can make the image transparent. Do this by pushing the triangle under 'transparency' in the right-hand column to the right.
How can I copy the content or formatting from one page to another page?
- Go to the (blank) page where you want to paste the formatting and click 'edit'.
- Next, click 'my pages' in the left-hand column.
- Select the page you want to copy and click 'use this page'.
Is there clipart available?
Yes. In the editor you will find all sorts of images you can use, in the left-hand column, by clicking on the ‘theme’ tab. The images have been ordered by theme, such as: animals, frames, party, symbols.
You can use the ‘sets for two pages’ to create a spread. Simply place one image from the set on a left page and the other image on the right page.
Can I use a page from a previously made magazine?
Yes, you can copy pages from previously made magazine to your new magazine.
- Click on edit on a page in your new magazine.
- Click on 'My pages' in the upper-left corner of the editor.
- Select the page you want to copy to your new magazine and click on 'Use this page'.
Can I duplicate or copy contents in Jilster?
Yes, you can duplicate and/or copy anything in Jilster.
You can do this by selecting the item in question, and then clicking the duplicate button, pictured below.
The duplicate button is only visible when an item is selected, and can be found on the right panel in the editor when visible.