The starting point: the chief editor
As a chief editor, you can create a magazine and start working in the newsroom of your own magazine. You can invite your friends, colleagues, or family members to help you create the magazine. You can appoint them as editors: in that case, they will only be allowed to edit the pages you have assigned to them. But you can also appoint one person (or more persons) as (co)chief editors: then they will be able to view and edit all the pages, just like yourself.
How do I appoint an editor?
- Click 'invite editor' and write a personal message, explaining for whom you want to create a magazine.
- Enter the e-mail address of the person you want to invite. Make sure this is the correct e-mail address. When you invite an (prospective) editor, you can only assign 1 page to this editor.
- You can choose whom you want to invite: in Dutch, German, or English. In this way you can cooperate with people from different countries in creating the same magazine
- After the prospective editor has registered with Jilster and has been 'appointed' as an editor, you can assign more pages to this editor, if necessary.
- To do this, click his name in the menu to the right and check the boxes you want this editor to work on, next to 'assigned pages'.
- You can also appoint someone as a (co)chief editor.
How do I invite more than one editor at once?
- Above 'send invitation' you will see a blue plus sign. If you click this plus sign, you can send the same invitation to several people at once.
- Tip: if you want to invite many editors, it is a good idea to send them an e-mail notice beforehand, or call them and ask if they want to join you. Then you will know who will and won't accept the invitation.
How do I appoint someone as a (co)chief editor?
- First, invite this person as an editor.
- After this person has registered, you can change his job title to that of a chief editor. Click his name in the right-hand column and change the job title 'editor' to 'chief editor'. Afterwards, select 'save'.
Can I assign more than one page to an editor?
Yes, it is possible. First, you invite the editor by sending a message to his e-mail address. You can do this in the newsroom. When you invite someone, you can only assign a single page to this person. After this person has accepted the invitation and has been 'appointed' as an editor, you can assign more pages to this editor. You can do this by clicking his name in the overview of editors, and checking the boxes next to the relevant pages. You can also appoint him as a co-chief editor. Then you need to check the 'chief editor' box in the right-hand column. Don't forget to save these settings before you continue working!
I have typed an incorrect e-mail address while inviting an editor. Now this page is 'occupied'. How can I undo this?
If you have mistakenly sent an invitation to the wrong e-mail address, the relevant page will indeed be 'occupied'. You can correct this by deleting the invitation to the wrong e-mail address. Do this by clicking the white trash bin next to the e-mail address. The page will automatically be released.