- What is the minimum quality needed for my photos?
- In the newsroom, my screen stays completely blank. What do I do now?
- What are the exact dimensions of a page?
- I have difficulties logging in. What do I do now?
- How many photos can I save, and how much storage space (in MBs) do I have?
- My photos are in a bitmap file format. How can I convert them to the jpg file format, so I can upload them?
- RGB or CMYK?
What is the minimum quality needed for my photos?
- If you want to achieve the optimum quality (the full four stars in the right-hand column) for your photos, when used on a full page, the minimum resolution needs to be 2575 x 3600 px.2.
- You see, the pages are sent to the printer in a 300ppi quality (which translates as 2575 x 3600 pixels).
- If you upload an image in the jpg file format, using the image size mentioned above (in pixels), you can use these images without any loss of quality.
In the newsroom, my screen stays completely blank. What do I do now?
Download the newest version of Adobe Flash player.
Follow the link to http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/
What are the exact dimensions of a page?
We use the A4 size (210x297 mm), with a cutting edge of 4 mm on all sides: this means that the exact page size is 218x305 mm.
I have difficulties logging in. What do I do now?
First check if you have entered the correct password. If necessary, ask for the password again and copy it into the appropriate field.
Does the problem persist?
Occasionally, logging in will cause temporary problems. The exact cause is not clear. In that case, there are several solutions:
- 1. Close and restart your browser. Or use a different browser (Firefox/ Internet Explorer).
- 2. Delete the Temporary Internet Files. You can read how to do this at the website below:
3. Use a different computer (for the time being).
Our customer service would like to hear from you, if you have experienced these problems. If possible, include a screenshot of the error message that appeared on your screen.
How many photos can I save, and how much storage space (in MBs) do I have?
You can store an unlimited number of photos and megabytes.
My photos are in a bitmap file format. How can I convert them to the jpg file format, so I can upload them?
This is how you do it:
- open the image in a photo editing program (for instance Paint, a standard program included in any Windows computer)
- click 'File' and then 'Save as'
- below, at 'File type', select 'JPEG'
- click 'Save'. Now you can upload the new file in Jilster.
RGB or CMYK?
Smaller numbers of copies will be printed on a printer. If a CMYK image is uploaded, our system will convert this image to the RGB color code. However, this may result in some color differences.
It is recommended to upload RGB images.